How To Make Essential Oil Room Sprays
I love „Aura Soma Sprays“. Using them makes me feel better instantly. They smell amazing and the essential oils have positive effects on my body. But the sprays are rather expensive, so I´ve decided to make my own essential oil sprays.
Here is the recipe I´ve used:
(This is for a 100ml glass spray bottle.)
- 80 ml distilled water
- 20 ml alcohol (starting at about 40 % alc., for example the remains of high percentage alc.)
- 7 g salt
- 20-30 drops of essential oil
By using already boiled or distilled water, the spray will almost last forever. Of course, you can also use normal water, but then it will only last you a few weeks.
The alcohol in the spray disinfects, makes the scent come out better and makes sure your spray lasts long. The alcohol doesn`t actually effect the scent, since most of it goes away while vaporizing.
Salt neutralises bad scents.
Essential oil provides a pleasant fragrance and also possesses some special traits, depending on the oil.
+ + +
Steps to making the room spray:
- Firstly, 20-30 drops of oil go into the spray bottle
- Add the salt
- Stir the bottle to mix the essential oil and the salt together
- Add the alcohol and water
- Add a sprayer top and shake well
- Let the bottle dry and label your spray. For this you can download my free label for your spray bottle.
- Shake well before each use.
You can start using your new essential oil room spray immediately :o)