Origami Boxes You Can DIY in 30 Minutes Or Less
Sometimes we spontaneously get invited and don’t have enough time to buy gifts. The solution: printable gift-boxes! They are easy to produce and suitable presents. Perfect to put in selfmade sweets.
All you need is:
- the template (5 pages, download here)
- 200 g paper
- a cutter
- a metal ruler
- a cutting mat
- a hole puncher
- piece of ribbon
+ + +
1. Print out the template and cut the pattern out using the crop marks
2. Flip the pattern on its back side and fold the horizontal and vertical lines
Divide the width and hight in four parts and draw six lines with a pencil. The original template size is 15cm x 15cm. So the distance between the lines is 3,75cm.
Fold the lines. (You can also try to fold the pattern without drawing the lines first :o))
4. Turn the pattern on its front and fold in the diagonal lines
On the folding plan you can see which diagonal lines to fold.
5. Do the same on the second part
One origami box consists of to equally folded parts: the pattern part and a plain one.
6. Punch holes in two edges of the pattern part (3mm diameter)
7. Put the two pieces together
8. Thread a piece of ribbon through the holes.
9. Done :o).
What will you put in the boxes?
Have fun gift-giving!